The Company approves a Charitable Activities Plan for each year. A total of RUB 3,278 mln were allocated for charity in the reporting year.
In 2016, Russian Railways:
- provided charitable assistance to orphanages and children’s hospices;
- provided charitable assistance for repair and restoration work at the Church of Peter and Paul in Novaya Basmannaya Sloboda in Moscow, the construction of the Saint Innocent complex and support for the Transfiguration Valaam Stavropegial Monastery male monastery;
- provided support for the creative activities of the musicians Valery Gergiev, Vladimir Spivakov and Yuri Bashmet;
- provided support in organising and hosting the Spasskaya Tower International Military Music Festival;
- allocated funds to support the activities of Moscow State University of Railway Engineering, Petersburg State Transport University, Irkutsk State University of Railway Engineering as well as railway technical schools and other organisations;
- provided support for Lokomotiv-Yaroslavl Hockey Club, Lokomotiv-Novosibirsk Volleyball Club, Lokomotiv-Kuban Professional Basketball Club, the Krasnodar Territory Basketball Federation and Kuban-Region Sport Club.